The San Antonio Book Festival (SABF) seeks a Literary Assistant to join the SABF team. SABF celebrates national and local authors and their contributions to the culture of literacy, ideas, and imagination.
The Literary Assistant reports to the Literary Director and is a vital part of the SABF team. Specifically, the Literary Assistant will be responsible for:
- Coordinating travel for Festival authors
- Maintaining organized lists of authors, moderators, schedule sessions, etc.
- Building itineraries for all authors and moderators
- Assisting SABF staff in ensuring all materials promoting authors are accurate and correct, including webpages and printed schedules
- Helping the Literary Director with any communication to authors, publicists, and/or moderators
- Facilitating deliveries of books to moderators, schools, etc.
- Staffing Festival events, including the GET LIT Author Series, Book Appétit Literary Feast, Authors in Schools program events, Book Festival, and any other internal events
- Assisting with other tasks, as needed
Independent Contractor Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or in pursuit of a degree
- Strong grasp of English grammar and written communication skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with staff
- A flexible approach to work, including a willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Physical demands will include lifting up to 30 lbs. of books and driving to make local book deliveries. Candidates with access to a vehicle preferred.
Classification & Fee
This is a contract position. The fee for this contract position is $18/hour. Due to pre-existing budget constraints, the fee is non-negotiable.
This position is based in San Antonio, Texas. Candidates must be based in San Antonio.
All applications and employees who are drawn to serve our mission will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and prior protected activity.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled. Desired start date for this position is January 8, 2024.