LUNCHEON HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO NOVEMBER 30. TABLE SPONSORS HAVE BEEN CONTACTED. IF YOU NEED TO REACH US REGARDING YOUR TABLE PURCHASE, EMAIL MARITZA CIRLOS.
The Book Festival is proud to present its annual Literary Feast: the Book Appétit luncheon featuring novelist AMOR TOWLES. Don’t miss this special opportunity for an exclusive sneak peek into Towles’ forthcoming third novel. The singular fundraiser for the Book Festival, the 2020 Book Appétit luncheon will be held at the Witte Museum’s Mays Family Center.
Purchase a table or pledge your sponsorship below.
Honorary Co-Chairs: Connie & Sandy McNab // Lyn & Pete Selig
Event Committee: Cynthia & Taylor Collins • Catherine & Craig Comeaux • Georgia Erck • Liecie & Nick Hollis • Sherry & Ed Layman • Belinda & Will Nixon • Angela & Trey Rabke • Josie & Frates Seeligson • Amy Stieren Smiley • Shannon & David Stephens • Burgin Streetman • Laura Morris Walls
About Amor Towles
Born and raised in the Boston area, Amor Towles graduated from Yale College and received an MA in English from Stanford University.
His first novel, Rules of Civility, which was published in 2011, was a New York Times bestseller and was named by the Wall Street Journal as one of the best books of 2011. The book has been translated into over 15 languages, its French translation receiving the 2012 Prix Fitzgerald.
Mr. Towles’s second novel, A Gentleman in Moscow, which was published in 2016, has been on The New York Times bestseller list for over 52 weeks in hardcover and was named one of the best books of 2016 by the Chicago Tribune, The Washington Post, the Philadelphia Inquirer, the San Francisco Chronicle, and NPR. In the summer of 2017, the novel was optioned by EOne and the British director, Tom Harper, to be made into a 6-8 hour miniseries.
Having worked as an investment professional for over twenty years, Mr. Towles now devotes himself full time to writing in Manhattan, where he lives with his wife and two children.
Inner Circle Seat ($1,000)
– One seat with preferred placement (Pulitzer sponsor placement)
– Private reception with Amor Towles prior to the program
PEN/Faulkner Sponsor ($2,500) —— SOLD OUT!
– Literary Feast table for 10
– Sponsor recognition on event program (time permitting) and website
Please help us meet our fundraising goals by purchasing the next level.
National Book Award Sponsor ($5,000)
– Literary Feast table for 10 with special placement
– Private reception with Amor Towles prior to the program for two (2) guests
– All other PEN/Faulkner benefits
Pulitzer Sponsor ($10,000)
– Literary Feast table for 10 with preferred placement
– Private reception with Amor Towles prior to the program for ten (10) guests
– All other National Book Award Sponsor benefits
Kirkus Prize Sponsor ($15,000)
– Literary Feast table for 10 with prominent placement
– Invitations to attend private Book Festival events throughout the year
– All other Pulitzer Sponsor benefits
Nobel Sponsor ($25,000)
– Literary Feast table for 10 with premier placement
– Ten (10) complimentary books signed by Amor Towles
– Logo recognition on Festival promotional materials
– All other Kirkus Prize Sponsor benefits