- This event has passed.
The Book Festival is proud to be back in person to present its annual Literary Feast: the Book Appétit luncheon featuring SUSAN ORLEAN, the beloved New Yorker staff writer hailed as “a national treasure” by The Washington Post and the author of the New York Times bestseller The Library Book. This event, benefiting the 10th anniversary of the Book Festival at the Witte Museum’s Mays Family Center, is not to be missed!
Honorary Chairs: Sally and Rhew Dooley
Event Chairs: Shannon and David Stephens
Event Committee: Tracey Bennett • Stephanie Dodge Bigley • Georgia Erck • Katy & Ted Flato • Liecie & Nick Hollis • Sherry & Ed Layman • Marcia Logan & Dan Goodgame • Angela & Trey Rabke • Josie & Frates Seeligson • Lisa Spielhagen • Burgin Streetman • Laura Morris Walls
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
About Susan Orlean
Susan Orlean has been a staff writer at The New Yorker since 1992. She is the New York Times bestselling author of seven books, including The Library Book, Rin Tin Tin, Saturday Night, and The Orchid Thief, which was made into the Academy Award–winning film Adaptation. She lives with her family and her animals in Los Angeles and may be reached at SusanOrlean.com and on Twitter @SusanOrlean.
Orlean will be speaking about her latest book, On Animals, which gathers a lifetime of musings, meditations, and in-depth profiles about animals. On Animals has been hailed as “magnificent” by The New York Times; “beguiling, observant, and howlingly funny” by the San Francisco Chronicle; “spectacular” by the Minneapolis Star Tribune; and “full of astonishments” by The Boston Globe.
TABLE SPONSOR LEVELS
PEN/Faulkner Sponsor ($2,500)
– One (1) table for ten guests
– Sponsor recognition on event program (time permitting) and website
National Book Award Sponsor ($5,000)
– Everything included in the PEN/Faulkner Sponsor level
– Two (2) tickets to the private “Esquire Tavern Epilogue” author party Saturday evening following the 10th annual Book Festival on May 21, 2022
Pulitzer Sponsor ($10,000)
– Everything included in the National Book Award Sponsor level
– Private reception with Susan Orlean prior to the program for ten (10) guests
– Two (2) tickets to the private Author Breakfast on Saturday morning before the 10th annual Book Festival on May 21, 2022
Kirkus Prize Sponsor ($15,000)
– Everything included in the Pulitzer Sponsor level
– Two (2) VIP passes to the 10th annual Book Festival, including reserved seating at all venues, access to the VIP room, and VIP parking
Nobel Sponsor ($25,000)
– Everything included in the Kirkus Prize Sponsor level
– Recognition as Major Sponsors of the 10th annual San Antonio Book Festival