COVID 19 Information
For the safety of Book Festival attendees, writers, moderators, volunteers, and staff, we are implementing the following enhanced health and safety protocols.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear face coverings while attending sessions.
- A limited number of masks will be available for attendees at all venues and information booths.
- Sanitation stations and disinfectant wipes will be available throughout the Festival.
- Maintenance crews will conduct periodic cleaning of restrooms and high traffic Festival areas throughout the day.
- All venues will undergo deep cleaning prior to the Festival, including seat disinfection.
- Air filtration machines will be added to the indoor venues at the Southwest School of Art. The Central Library’s HVAC system has been assessed and observed to have adequate ventilation and filtration.
- If necessary, SABF will scale seat capacity to encourage social distancing within venues.
- Microphones and all furniture will be wiped down prior to the start of each session.
- All children’s and middle grade sessions will take place in tented outdoor areas.
- Book signings will take place outdoors and surface areas will be wiped down between signings.
If you are not feeling well, we encourage you to stay home and not attend the Festival.
THE ABOVE PROTOCOLS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN ACCORDANCE WITH WRITER REQUIREMENTS, PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDANCE, AND APPLICABLE LAWS.