We are no longer accepting submissions. We are reviewing applications and will share the news of our hire soon.
The San Antonio Book Festival seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator to join the SABF team. SABF celebrates national and local authors and their contributions to the culture of literacy, ideas, and imagination. The free, daylong event is a gift to visitors and the citizens of San Antonio, bringing books to life through author presentations, innovative panel discussions, and book sales and signings. Also included in this fun day of literary entertainment are family activities such as children’s theater performances, a technology area, interactive play and art stations, and a selection of the city’s famous food trucks. SABF, which generates more than $1.5 million for the city’s economy, is the signature program of the San Antonio Public Library Foundation.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for implementing communications strategies that advance the mission of the San Antonio Book Festival. This position reports to the SABF Executive Director and joins the Literary Director, Production Director, and Executive Director to make up the Book Festival team. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all external and internal communications for the Book Festival, including correspondence with Festival authors, donors, and exhibitors.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with staff and SABF partners to develop and carry out communications strategies and activities (marketing campaigns, advertising, donor communications, direct mail, press releases, etc.)
- Creating content for the website, newsletter, and social media accounts to engage and grow the Book Festival audience
- Assisting Literary Director with communications to authors and/or publicists, including travel accommodations, schedule planning, and other administrative duties
- Managing and maintaining SABF’s digital resources, including contact database
- Assisting with SABF event logistics and Festival logistics
- Manage media relations, research editorial opportunities and build relationships with key industry media (print, electronic and social media);
- Design all in-house marketing collateral (postcards, programs, e-marketing campaigns, social media photos, and videos);
- Manage SABF accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Oversee the Festival Marketplace, including selection of exhibitors, assignment and payment of booths, and coordination with Marketplace co-chairs
- Contribute to total effectiveness of the department through open communication, proactive problem solving, offering creative ideas and working as a positive and engaged team member;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Affinity toward literature and literary culture is preferred.
- Strong grasp of grammar and proofreading skills, as well as a close attention to detail
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- High proficiency in social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Advanced understanding of concepts and resources available related to social media management and growth
- Proficiency in WordPress and Adobe Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees and vendors.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years working in professional environment
HOURS: Full-time position. With a fluctuation schedule, the Communications Coordinator is expected to work the necessary hours to fulfill his/her role. There will be a requirement to work seasonal evening and weekends, based on program needs, with flexible schedule adjustment(s).
DESIRED START DATE: September 4, 2018
Please send a resumé/CV, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com by August 3, 2018.